The best photo editors for Android
From Engadget Android we wanted to enter the world of retouching to get close a small video that show the main features and creative image editing and the three applications in this field more weight options.
In fact knowing that there are hundreds of options for editing images we have focused on the most popular applications in this regard: PIXLR Autodesk Express, Snapseed / photos Google+ for Android and VSCO Cam.
Since the time in which the photographic retouching which had to go through a PC to get a few tweaks or assemblies with well-known quality to what Photoshop can do today with our Android smartphones from the palm of our hand there is a world.
With our terminal we can from editing levels of a picture at a global level and even do locally only in a certain area and apply complex filters to our image to enhance different qualities that goes far beyond the traditional filter B & W or sepia.
The first application we have chosen is Pixlr Express, developed by Autodesk, and from our point of view one of the most if not the most complete. Pixlr Express is an application that allows you to adjust, resize and fix photos, remove red eye and even whiten teeth. Choose effects, borders and decorative layers to customize your images.
- Adjust, resize, and rotate images
- Fix images to balance the colors automatically adjusting dark colors and poor light conditions
- Remove the red eyes and whiten teeth with simple tools
- Use decorative layers to adjust the tone photo
- Use lighting effects to add drama, style, or polish your photos can adjust the intensity and orientation of each effect
- End edge – choose your own style
- Apply professional effects like blur / blur and many more
- Explore color tools to adjust contrast, brightness, and focus on one color one color with a ‘splash Colour’
- Use your ‘Favorites’ to monitor your favorite effects and decorations
- Share your photo on Facebook or email, or simply save it to your gallery images
As you can see one of the most complete applications photo editor for Android, although we note that it may be somewhat complicated for novice users in the beginning is the most comprehensive available and with which we can achieve effects and amazing results within seconds.
We went ahead with an application whose editing options are born mostly of purchase made by Google Snapseed , Google+ Photos.
Photos comes to your Android device once installed and Google Plus offers a range of editing options including a notable number of predefined filters and the option of editing levels, apply effects or selective HDR off settings. The most interesting point is no longer just the editing options inherited Snapseed, but the non-destructive editing, that is, you can always revert to the original image that is stored.
- Powerful image editor
- Improvements and predefined filters
- Automatic upgrades
- Nondestructive editing
- Photo manager
- Cloud Storage
Note that this application provides some automatic settings effective without the user doing anything if the backup photos, upload pictures to Google+ has enabled. Being an automatic option, of course, not always right, but the vast majority of cases we will have some enhanced images.
As negative about this application is that it is linked to the installation of Google+, read the Google social network, i.e. if you want not to use Google+, if you want to enjoy photos you will have to also install it, rather than I have maintained independently.
And last but not least we have VSCO Cam, a Visual Supply Co brings functionality to the previous two with an easier interface to use than Pixlr Express.
- Editing levels: exposure, contrast, temperature, color and more
- Improvements and predefined filters
- Image cropping, rotation and decoration with frames
- Publishing platform images, geographic VSCO Map
- Includes camera app
This application is the most restrictive in requiring a device with Android 4.0 or higher, but remember that the vast majority of the market share already distributed Android Jelly Bean (4.2) and KitKat (4.4) so it should not be a problem.